Maybe you’ve known you wanted to cloth diaper before your babe was a twinkle in your eye, or perhaps the idea struck you mid-pregnancy. Either way, stocking up your stash before baby arrives is a great way to jump-start your cloth diapering endeavors.
Having friends and family contribute to your cloth collection helps you stockpile diapers faster than you can say “FuzziBunz.” Most expecting couples register for gifts and other essential baby gear prior to baby’s arrival, so why not add cloth diapers to your registry.
Here are some helpful hints for building up your stash before baby arrives:
- Do some research first to determine which styles, brands and types of cloth diapers are of interest to you. You may want to try out a few different types on baby before making a full commitment, but friends and family can get you started.
- Check that your favorite local baby boutiques or larger retailers carry cloth diapers and register there. Tell your friends and family where you are registered so they know where to go when buying shower and baby gifts.
- OR Create an online registry with retailers like Diapers.com, Amazon.com or Target.com (Target.com recently announced they will be expanding their FuzziBunz color collection). Keep an eye out for online specials and discounts and alert friends when these occur so they can take advantage of the cost savings.
- Throw a diaper shower – If you know which cloth diaper brands you plan on using specify on the invitations so your guests know your preferences.
- Don’t forget the accessories such as cloth wipes, diaper pails, liners and wetbags.
And to those skeptics giving you a hard time about cloth diapering, well they just might jump on the bandwagon when they see how cute, colorful and easy to use cloth diapers can be!
Did you register for your cloth diaper diapers or did you get your cloth diapers as a gift? Tell us more!