How do you choose diapers on a day-to-day basis? I bet most of you have a system or two that determines which colors goes on baby at which diaper change. I’ve been thinking about it recently whenever I change a diaper – what makes me choose the color I do at any given time?
- Seasonal: I’ve written about this before, but I love certain colors in certain seasons – the brights in the summer, earth tones in the fall and pastels in the spring. Usually I tend to go with this method at the beginning of the season when I’m all excited about the leaves changing or the trees budding.
- Mood: There are certainly times that I consider my daughter’s mood when I choose a diaper color. If she’s fiery, I might put her in red. When she’s mellow, I’ll put her in mint green or pink. Happy and giggly, I’ll put her in apple green or yellow. After a bath and calm, white.
- Consider the fit: You mamas know that even within the same brand, some diapers fit a little differently than others. I’ve gotten to know which are which and end up choosing the best fitting one-size diapers, whichever Perfect Size is fitting perfectly right then or our new Elites.
- Brother chooses: Eight times out of ten, my preschooler is hanging around when I’m changing diapers. He likes to get in on the action and feel important, so I sometimes ask him to pick a color. Funny thing is, it’s almost always the same color – Light it Up Blue. Tootie Frootie is his second choice if the darker blue isn’t clean.
- Favorites First: Speaking of having a favorite color, I definitely have an order of favorite colors. Crushed Berries is first, Grape and Mint are next and Watermelon and Choco Truffle are close thirds.
- Next in Line: It’s not always so much fun in the diaper choosing department at our house… Much of the time she wears whatever is next in the basket. I reach in without thinking about it and we get what we get.