Back in July, I hemmed and hawed around about which type of FuzziBunz I preferred: One-Size or Perfect Size. In that post, I gave a slight advantage to the Perfect Size diapers.
Well, I’ve changed my mind. Perfect Size no longer gets a slight advantage…I’m proud to say they are, without a doubt, my winner!
The practical side of me is still in love with the One-Size. I have the diapers and I don’t have to think about them anymore. They are diapers after all. They catch poo and pee. So the convenience of diapers that just work, save the occasional adjustment, for years on end, is not lost on me.
But it’s that darn realistic side of me that reaches for the Perfect Size diapers time after time. I can say this about the Perfect Size FuzziBunz: They…
- Are Trimmer. Definitely a trimmer option, so with any tight-fitting ensemble, they are my first choice.
- Just Fit. Plain and simple, they just fit. Even as my daughter grows, I have a hard time getting a (pardon the comparison) perfect fit with the One-Sizes. Surprisingly, Perfect Size have fit consistently since she was a peanut.
- Need More Absorbency. The inserts that come with the Perfect Size diapers are not as absorbent as those that come with the One-Sizes. Although the pocket is wider, I’ve replaced most of the Perfect inserts with the more absorbent ones from retired One-Sizes or with pre-folds.
- They Last. I mean, seriously, they say the One-Size fits from birth to potty training, but my daughter started wearing her Perfect Size smalls at about three months old. And at 14 months and 20 pounds she’s STILL wearing the same Perfect Size smalls. We may have to go up to mediums soon, but I expect those to last another year.
- Give Me the Opportunity to Buy New. I know I said above that I like not having to worry about diapers. With One-Sizes, you buy once and it’s done. But I have to say that I am a little bit excited that I need to buy a few new medium diapers soon. New diapers are fun and give us a little bit of a fresh start!
So there you have it, I’ve officially jumped on the Perfect Size bandwagon and I’m proud of it! I’m not giving up my One-Sizes – they definitely have their place in any cloth diaper stash – but snapping up a Perfect Size just makes me happy.
Which FuzziBunz do you prefer – Perfect Size or One-Size? Has your choice changed or stayed the same since you started cloth diapering?