Oh, cloth diapers, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways!
In honor of Valentine’s Day, I’d like to share with you 20 reasons why I’m loving our decision to cloth diaper:
- I love … how good I feel on trash day when only a small amount of true trash – not diapers – goes out to the curb.
- I love … the little rounded half-moon shape of my girl’s tushie in a cloth diaper.
- I love … choosing a different color at each diaper change.
- I love … the instant connection I feel with other cloth diapering mamas.
- I love … the fact that we are saving money every time we wash diapers (college fund, perhaps?).
- I love … that I don’t have to worry about running out of diapers at 6 a.m. Or ever.
- I love … knowing that no chemicals are touching her tender haunches.
- I love … talking about cloth diapers!!
- I love … shopping online for new diapers – usually just looking!
- I love … cloth diaper blogs.
- I love … the sense of accomplishment I feel when I think about my commitment to cloth diapering.
- I love … that cloth diapering was my “gateway to green,” encouraging me to live an all-around greener life.
- I love … when my husband raves to others about our choice to cloth diaper.
- I love … that our solid-color cloth diapers are clean and sophisticated while still being babyish – without any cartoon figures in sight.
- I love … when my three-year-old helps me with his sister’s diapers.
- I love … pulling warm, fluffy diapers and inserts from the dryer (in the winter).
- I love … looking out the window and seeing diapers sunning in the backyard like colorful flags dancing in the breeze (in the summer).
- I love… the fact that I was cloth diapered as a baby and I’m carrying that earth-friendly tradition on with my own family.
- I love…that cloth diapers are customizable when it comes to absorbency (if she’s just polished off a large cupful of water, I can add extra padding to absorb it all!).
How do you love your cloth diapers? Let us know by leaving a comment on Facebook!